What is Freestyle Terrain?
Freestyle Terrain may contain jumps, hits, ramps, banks, fun boxes, jibs, rails, half pipes, quarter pipes, snowcross, bump terrain and other constructed or natural terrain features. PRIOR to using Freestyle Terrain, you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with Freestyle Terrain and obeying all instructions, warnings and signs. Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground, and in the air.
We want you to better understand what freestyle terrain is all about, so we’ve got a breakdown of it all for you here.
Grooming equipment is essential for operating freestyle terrain. Properly groomed parks and pipes are what separate the dominating resorts for freestyle parks like Big Bear, Mammoth, Breckenridge, Okemo and Snow Summit.
The orange oval is a symbol, which identifies freestyle terrain on the hill. Check out the sample signage and vocabulary to make sure you’re up to speed on the basics. Smart Style is a terrain park safety initiative, which you need to understand in order to use terrain parks safely.
FREESTYLE TERRAIN MAY INCLUDE HALF-PIPES, AS WELL AS TERRAIN PARKS AND TERRAIN FEATURES. THEY ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT AND OFFER ADVENTURE, CHALLENGE AND FUN. HOWEVER, FREESTYLE TERRAIN USE, LIKE ALL SKIING AND RIDING, EXPOSES YOU TO THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY. PRIOR TO USING FREESTYLE TERRAIN, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS AND TO FOLLOW “YOUR RESPONSIBILITY CODE”.
- Freestyle Terrain contains man-made and natural terrain variations.
- Freestyle Terrain changes constantly due to weather and use.
- Inspect Freestyle Terrain before using and throughout the day.
- In jumping and using this terrain, you assume the risk of serious injury.
- Be courteous and respect others.
- One user on a Terrain feature at a time.
- Never jump blindly – use a spotter when necessary. Look Before You Leap!
- It is your responsibility to control your body on the ground and in the air.
- Always clear the landing area quickly.
- Always ride or ski in control and within your ability.